If one or more of your books does not have an image appearing on Amazon.com, you can add the image.
- Add a book image
- Quality standards for book images
- Update an image
- Fix an image size
- Copy an image from another edition
- On the Books tab in Author Central, click the book you want to add an image for.
- On the page for that book, in the blank image icon, click Add an Image.
- Review the Product Image Requirements to make sure your image is appropriate. Image files must be:
- TIF or JPEG (or JPG) files. No GIFs, PNGs, or other formats.
- RGB color format.
- At least 500 pixels in height or width. A minimum of 1000 pixels on the longest side is preferable.
- Click Browse to highlight the image file you want to add.
- Click Upload Image.
Note: Make sure you select the right image. You will not be able to change the image after it has been added and approved.
If your image meets the technical requirements for size, color format, and file type, it will be posted shortly. After the image has been posted, it is submitted to a quality review process that can take 1 to 2 business days to complete.
During the review process, a Book Cover Image Status section with the statement “Your recent image submission is under review” appears below the book image icon. While your image is being reviewed, you will not be able to submit another image for this book.
If the image does not meet our quality standards, it may be removed. If we reject an image, we will provide a reason, if possible. The statement under Book Cover Image Status will change to “Your recent image submission was rejected. Please upload the image again after correcting the following problems:” with the reason listed. Typical reasons for rejecting a book image include poor quality image, corrupted file, image too small, and so on.
As well as the size, color format, and file type listed above, Amazon maintains the following product image standards:
- The image must be of the correct edition of the book, if the editions have different cover art.
- The image must be the cover art, or a professional scan or professional photograph of the cover. Photos from a phone cannot be used.
- Images should be the full front cover art, and fill 100% of the image frame. They should not include the back, spine, or front flap.
- If the image is photographed rather than scanned, it must be in focus and properly lit, with realistic color and smooth edges.
The image must not contain:
- Gratuitous or confusing additional objects.
- Additional text, graphics, or inset images.
- Pornographic or offensive materials.
The process for uploading a new or updated cover image varies according to the type of account you have.
- If you are an Advantage member and your book is already associated with an image you can upload an image through the Advantage Portal.
- Sign in to your Advantage account.
- On the Items tab and click Image Upload/Upload Product Images.
- Follow the directions on the Upload Product Images Page to submit your image.
- If you are not an Advantage member, contact us and let us know that the image is incorrect.
- Under "Select an issue," select My Books.
- Under "Select details," select Update information about a book.
- In the field that appears, select Cover Image.
Once we remove the cover image, you can upload the correct cover image using the Author Central Books tab.
Image editing programs (such as Microsoft’s Picture Manager, Microsoft Paint or Apple’s iPhoto) generally allow you to resize images. Increasing an image's size can reduce image quality. Please be aware that images with diminished quality from resizing may not meet our quality standards.