Creating Your Author Page URLAn Author Page URL is an easily shared link to your page on Amazon.com. Use your Author Page URL in your email signature, blog posts, Facebook posts and Tweets. You are limited to one Author Page URL. It's possible that another author has already reserved the URL. If you get a message that says the URL is already taken, please try another variation.
Creating your Author Page URL
- On the Author Central Profile tab, click add link next to "Author Page URL."
- A URL will be suggested, however you may enter text that meets the following guidelines:
- At least 1 character, no more than 30 characters
- May use letters, numbers, dashes,
periods and underscores
- No spaces
- No special characters other than dashes, periods and underscores
- Profanity is not allowed
Author Page URL Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I want an Author Page URL?
How do I create my Author Page URL?
Can I create more than one link to my Author Page?
How do I change my Author Page URL?
What characters can I use in my Author Page URL?
What do I do if my Author Page URL doesn't work?
What if the URL I want is unavailable?
How do I tweet my Author Page URL?
How do I post my Author Page URL to my Facebook page?
How do I add Author Page URL to my Outlook Email Signature?
How do I add Author Page URL to my Gmail Email Signature?
How do I add Author Page URL to my Yahoo! Mail Email Signature?
How do I add Author Page URL to my Hotmail Email Signature?
Q. Why would I want an Author Page URL?
A. An Author Page URL is an easy to share link to your page on Amazon.com. Once you create your Author Page URL, you can use it in your marketing efforts – post to your Facebook page and/or blogs, tweet to your followers, add it to your email signature.Q. How do I create my Author Page URL?
A. From Author Central, click the Profile tab. Click “add link” next to the Author Page URL text.
Q. Can I create more than one link to my Author Page?
A. In order to make the feature available to the widest audience, you are limited to one URL.
Q. How do I change my Author Page URL?
A. If you created your Author Page URL through Author Central, you will need to contact customer service and request a new URL. But remember, if you have shared your Author Page URL with others, changing it will require notifying your readers and followers of the new link and the old link will no longer work.
Q. What characters can I use in my Author Page URL?
A. You can use letters, numbers, dashes, periods and underscores. Your URL must be a minimum of one (1) character and a maximum of 30 characters.
Q. What do I do if my Author Page URL doesn’t work?Q. What happens if the URL I want is not available?
A. If the URL you want is unavailable, try alternate URLs until you find a unique URL that is easy for your readers and followers to remember.
Q. How do I tweet my Author Page URL?
- Click the Twitter Icon underneath your Author Page URL.
- If prompted, sign-in with your Twitter user name and password.
- A message will automatically be generated in the tweet box that contains a short message to your followers and your Author Page URL. Feel free to customize this if you like, but don’t forget to include the link to your Author Page URL.
- Click the Twitter button.
Q. How do I post my Author Page URL to my Facebook page?
- Click the Facebook Icon underneath your Author Page
URL. This will take you to a new page with the Facebook
- If prompted, sign-in with your Facebook user name and password.
- Add a message to your friends and fans on Facebook in the "Write Something..." box. The share widget should be pre-populated with your information and your new easy-to-remember Author Page URL.
- Click the Share Link
Q. How do I add my Author Page URL to my Outlook Email signature?
- Outlook 2007 and
Tools -> Options -> tab Mail Format -> button: Signatures…
- Outlook 2010
File-> Options-> section Mail-> button Signatures…
When pressing the Signatures… button you’ll get an overview of the already configured signatures. Press the "New" button to create a new signature.
Copy and paste your Author Page Link into text box.
Q. How do I add my Author Page URL to my Gmail Email Signature?
- Sign into Gmail
- Click settings at the top of any Gmail page
- Copy your Author Page URL and paste into the box at the bottom of the page next to the Signature option. As you type, the radio button will shift from No Signature to the text box.
- Click Save Changes.
Q. How do I add my Author Page URL to my Yahoo! Mail email Signature?
- Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select Mail Options.
- From the list on the left, click Signature.
- You can select Show a signature on all outgoing messages to enable the signature. Select Do not use a signature if you want to turn your signature off – or you can simply delete it manually from emails in which you’d rather not show it.
- On the far right of the message window, above the text area, click either Plain Text or Rich Text. Plain Text is just the letters. In Rich Text, you can work with color, font, size and style choices that you select from the toolbar.
Note: For a Rich Text signature to appear in Rich Text, you must compose your email in Rich Text. Make that selection by clicking the Rich Text link in the Compose window, to the right of the Subject box.
- Copy your Author Page URL and paste into the text area.
- At the top of the page, click Save Changes.
- Your signature will now appear at the bottom of any message you compose.
Q. How do I add my Author Page URL to my Hotmail Email Signature?
- Select Options | More Options… from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
- Click Message font and signature under Writing email.
- Copy your Author Page URL and paste under Personal signature.
- Click Save.
Windows Live Hotmail and MSN Hotmail will include your signature automatically when you compose a message.