The Books tab in Author Central lists the books displayed on the Amazon.com Author Page. If any of the books listed have incorrect information or are not correctly assigned to you, it's easy to correct them using Author Central.
When you join Author Central and manage your bibliography for the first time, it may take us 3 to 5 days to Create Your Author Central Account and build the Author Page.
The following information describes:
If you have written a book that doesn't appear in your bibliography and is available on Amazon.com, you can add it.
- On the Author Central Books tab, scroll to the bottom of your bibliography and click Add more books
- In the Search field, enter the book title, ISBN, or author name and click Go.
Once you've found the missing title, click This is my book below that book. If our catalog lists your name as the author, you're all done.
The order of books is determined by a book’s relevance, the same way your books appear on the Amazon.com Author Page. The most popular books, based on a set of rules designed to provide the best customer experience, appear near the top of the list. We cannot change the order. Remember that customers can sort books in several different orders on the Author Page. You can also optimize your book's search results.
If we have incomplete or inaccurate information, we'll ask you if your name is misspelled, if you are not listed as an author but should be, or if you are writing under a pen name.
- Misspelled name If your name is misspelled, click This is me. We will automatically add the book to your bibliography after verifying that you are the author.
- Not listed as author If your name is not listed as an author of the book you are adding, click contact us under the "Need your name added" heading, and then:
- Under "Select an issue," select Add a book.
- Under "Select details," make the appropriate selection.
- In the field that appears, make the appropriate selection.
- If possible, send us verification that you have contributed to the book, such as a link to your publisher's website.
- Pen name If you are writing under a pen name, click let us know under the "Do you have a pen name" heading. We'll ask you what your pen name is, and we’ll contact the book publishers to verify you as author. Once you are verified, you can get to your pen name through the link in the upper right corner of Author Central.
You can manage up to three Author Pages this way, though they will not be associated in any way on Amazon.com.
If you cannot find the book you want to add, make sure it is available through Amazon.com. If the book isn’t listed on Amazon.com, or if we don’t have inventory available, we cannot list it on the Author Page.Back to top
From time to time, duplicate book listings are created in the Amazon catalog. Sometimes, when a book is listed by Marketplace sellers, it receives its own Detail page instead of being correctly listed under the original Amazon sales page.
If you notice a duplicate listing for one of your books, please Contact Us and let us know.
On the Contact Us page:
- Under "Select an issue," select My Books.
- Under "Select details," select Update information about a book..
- In the field that appears, select Update something else.
- In the next field that appears, select I want to report duplicate listings of my book.
- Select how you would like to contact us.