You can share video interviews, book signing videos, and other videos with readers. Your videos should focus on specific features of your books or your experience as an author.
Your videos should not include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content.
- Phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
- Comments relating to book reviews and content visible on the Author Page and detail pages.
- Other people's material—your thoughts and opinions are what matter.
- Profanity or spiteful remarks.
- Advertisements, watermarks on videos, or promotional material.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
- Solicitations for helpful votes or positive reviews on your detail pages.
- Spoilers! Don't reveal crucial plot elements in your books.
For other prohibited types of content see Amazon.com Content Guidelines. Author uploaded videos are subject to removal without notice at our sole discretion.
You can add up to eight videos and choose the order in which they appear on the Amazon.com Author Page.
- Select videos that meet the following guidelines:
- In one of the following formats: avi, wmv, flv, mov, or mpg.
- No more than 10 minutes in length.
- Smaller than 500 MB.
- On the Author Central Profile tab, click add video.
- Click Browse and select your video.
- Click the box to confirm that you own or have cleared all rights to the video you are adding, and then click Upload video.
- Wait for processing to be complete. This can take up to 24 hours. We will send you an e-mail when the video is processed and ready for review.
- Review and approve your video:
- Click the box that verifies you’ve reviewed the video.
- Click Approve video.
If you receive a message that your video has failed, try reformatting it as avi, wmv, flv, mov, or mpg, and then uploading it again. Most video editing programs include instructions for re-formatting videos. Note: Simply changing your video's file name does not re-format the video.
You might also want to make sure that your video will play before you try to upload it. If a video file is corrupt, we won't be able to encode it.
The still image displayed on the Author Page
When you upload your video, the image that appears by default for the video on your Author Page is randomly selected from the beginning of the video. If the image isn't correct, try removing the video and uploading it again, or making sure that your video starts with an appropriate still image that displays for several seconds at the beginning of your video.
Moving or Removing a Video
- Next to "Videos," click manage.
- Select the video you want to move or delete
- To change the order of videos, drag the video to the desired position.
- To delete a video, drag it to the bottom section.
- Click Save.